Two-Day ACHASM 2019 Construction Health and Safety (H&S) Summit,
Westville Country Club, Durban, 2 - 3 October 2019
Summit Alert 3 (12 September 2019)
The objective of the summit is to provide a forum for construction industry role players to address construction H&S related matters with specific emphasis on topical issues, the development of knowledge and skills areas, and to debate ‘challenging’ issues. .
The summit will be of relevance to architects, construction managers, construction project managers, Construction H&S Agents / Managers / Officers, contractors, engineers, inspectors, interior designers, landscape architects, quantity surveyors, and all interested construction role players.
Given the emergence of Industry 4.0, and the persistence of H&S problems, the theme for the 2019 Summit will be ‘The role of Industry 4.0 in Construction H&S’.
Day 1 will feature presentations and a ‘rant’, and Day 2 will feature workshops, and discussion sessions.
Confirmed to date include (Day 1 / Day 2) – further updates will be provided:
· The Role of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Managing Construction H&S
· The Role of Industry 4.0 in Construction H&S: Pr and Candidate CHSAs’ perceptions
· The Potential of Industry 4.0 to Improve Construction H&S
· The Role of Virtual Reality (VR) in Construction H&S Training
· The Role of Industry 4.0 in Managing Occupational Health and Primary Health Promotion in Construction
· The Role of Drones in Managing Construction H&S
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The Association of South African Quantity Surveyors (ASAQS), and the South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP), will recognise the summit.
We acknowledge and thank our Platinum sponsor:
Exhibition stands, and sponsorship opportunities can be availed of.
Please click HERE for the registration form
Prof John Smallwood
Mobile No.: +27 83 659 2492
Mobile No.: +27 76 263 0549
Dr Claire Deacon
Mobile No.: +27 83 658 5390
Get the latest updates in your email box automatically.